Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cycle Day 3 Bloodwork

Yesterday I had Cycle day 3 bloodwork done. Most of my numbers actually looked pretty dam good! The only issue is my LH (Luetenizing Hormone) is a little bit higher than it should be. That is normal with PCOS, and totally explains why my OPKs (Ovulation Predictor Tests) get a faint line EVERY time a take a test! I also had my regular lab work done at the same time. I am very happy to report that my new even healthier lifestyle decreased my cholesterol by 22 points, just in one year!!

I'm going to post my results I'm pretty sure I understand them, and know what they mean, but if anyone has any insight please let me know!!

CD 3 Lab Results.

FSH               5.4
 LH                  9.3
Estradiol     <20  
Progesterone  0.4
Prolactin      17.7

Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Day 3 3-20 mIU/ml FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.


Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Day 3 < 7 mIU/ml A normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.

Estradiol (E2) Day 3 25-75 pg/ml Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.


Prolactin Day 3 < 24 ng/ml Increased prolactin levels can interfere with ovulation. They may also indicate further testing (MRI) should be done to check for a pituitary tumor. Some women with PCOS also have hyperprolactinemia.

Progesterone (P4) Day 3 < 1.5 ng/ml Often called the follicular phase level. An elevated level may indicate a lower pregnancy rate. If low progesterone levels are an issue for you, consider taking a natural fertility supplement like FertilAid for Women.






1 comment:

Heather said...

those numbers look pretty good to me, and a lot like my numbers before my BFP, so fingers crossed this is its for you love!