Sunday, January 9, 2011

Magic Bars

Every Christmas my Mom makes a ton of sweet treats. My favorites of her many recipes have to be the fudge and her magic bars. This year I decided to make her magic bars with my special twist.
Ingredients:
1 yellow or even chocolate cake box mix
1 stick of butter
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 Can of sweetened condensed milk
- For fun you can use colored white chocolate chips they ususally have green and red around Christmas
Optional Items
Coconut
Nuts (walnuts or almonds work best)
Peanut Butter Chips
Carmel Pieces
Butterscotch chips
The easy how to:
preheat oven to 350 degrees
Melt the stick of butter
Mix butter and cake mix
push into greased 9x13 pan
bake for 15 mins
take out of oven and layer all you chips, nuts, coconut etc.
Pour condensed milk evenly over top
Bake for 15 more mins or so


I forgot to take pictures this year, but I really wanted to share this yummy recipe so I borrowed pictures from Sprinkles of Parsley Blog


1 comment:

Papps said...

My mom used to make these every year! She even called them magic bars..... now I make them at Christmas time myself :) I've never come across them before!