Friday, December 31, 2010

Ground Beef or Turkey Eggrolls

This is my favorite Eggroll recipe. It takes a few steps but is actually pretty easy.

I don't have an exact recipe as I usually just make it as I go but I will to the best of my ability share the recipe with you.
First you will need
Eggroll wrappers
Soy Sauce
Head of cabbage
Shredded carrots
Ground Beef or Turkey
Small dish of water
Oil for cooking
Tempura Dipping Sauce (optional)




First brown your ground meat with a little bit of soy sauce. Shred/chop your cabbage. Add cabbage, carrots and to taste soy sauce to the pan of meat.


When mixture is done cooking and looks like above picture you can start to assemble your eggrolls. Place wrapper at a diagonal. Place meat and veggie mixture in the center. Wet all corners of the wrapper.

Fold like this picture and create a roll




After this process you can let them sit the fridge for a while or go straight to cooking. You can bake with a little oil, boil them, or the best (& worst) way is to pan or even deep fry them.


I like to enjoy them by dunking them into tempura dipping sauce, yum!
I've also made them by adding additional veggies like celery or even broccoli



Enjoy!


1 comment:

mrs.csunsweetie said...

daniella these look so yummy!! You need to bring them to the next potluck!